It used to say “Productivity with a choice”…. after being stuck on what would be a normally simple problem for much longer AND feeling like I had no choice cause I had to use JDeveloper I decided to change the splash screen. I do have to say, it makes using JDeveloper easier
I read thedailywtf.com all the time.. I think it is hilarious.. Anyways, a while back I posted this picture on my blog and submitted it to thedailywtf.com. Today I noticed they posted it.. ha! Too funny. It’s cool to see my pic on a site I visit all the time.
‘I was at the theaters in Lake Forest, Orange County, watching some previews,’ Kamran Kazempour said, ‘and this came up on the screen for a minute or so before the feature. ‘
(Via Worse Than Failure.)
I bought a cheapest Acer Vista crap machine to run some performance tests on. My plan is I’ll wiped and install Ubuntu on it. I have always wanted to try it and it will work well for the performance tests.
Anyways, when I bought the computer I noticed there were no Vista disks. I thought I should have them just in case I want to format the drive and get rid of the machine. Also, I noticed that the HD was split into two partitions, C: & D:, and they didn’t add up to the total on the box. There was about 10gb missing. I called customer support…
We start with the regular hi, name, phone number, I give him all that, it is going fine.
Me: “Where are my Vista install disks, how am I to reinstall the OS”.
Acer: “Yeaaaaah, ok, do you have any blank DVDs in the house?”.
Me: “No, I’m not going to download Vista and burn it, I paid for Vista and I would like the disks.”
I was kinda shocked by his response, granted I have never done this before so I don’t know if manufactures usually make people download the Windows or Vista image and burn it but I did not think it was right. This is this my first introduction in the Windows support world and I already feel sorry for them.
So the conversation goes on. He gets all the shipping information from me to send me the disks. Then he says your service number is blah blah blah. I ask if that is my Acer customer support number, like for this case. He says, no that is for shipping of the disks. I ask, if it is a tracking number, he confirms, so then I ask him.. so who are you sending this with.. “yes, Fed-Ex, but they are going to have they’re own tracking number”. I AM SO CONFUSED…So then I have to ask him… “so, this is NOT a tracking number?”. His reply, “No, it is the number that comes out of our system”. Moses smell the roses!
I was not asking for a lot here. Just send me my disks that I paid for..
So the call seems to be finishing up and I ask him if they really ask there customers to download the OS and burn it.. Why don’t they ship a $0.15 disk with the computer. He response with: “Yeaaaaaah, we don’t ship the disks because we hide the image on your drive in case you need to use it.”
Bingo, that is where the 10gb went! What a joke… to top it off, on Acer’s Vista install there is soo much Acer this and Acer pop-up message center that I would not recommend anyone buy an Acer, ever.
ME: “So, Sir, can you please tell me how to get this image off my drive and recall this space back”
Acer: “If you do that it will void your warranty as you are removing the recovery image”
ME: “But you are sending me the recovery disks”
Me: ( In my head) “wow”.
So the Acer dude has to put me on hold go across the room to find a Vista machine and find out how to do this. When he comes back, he shows me and tells me just to erase it. So I explain to him that I was telling him that I don’t want 3 partitions, I have this acer install part, this C drive, and the D drive. He thinks for a while and says.. if you erase the acer image part it will just ‘go back’ to the C or the D drive….
Me: ( In my head) “wow”.
Acer: “And Sir.. We don’t really know how to do what you are asking here”
Me: “So who in your organization could I talk to in order to get that answer, support?”
Me: “Aren’t you support”
Me: “Please just send me the disks”
Me: ( In my head) “One Two Three Four
Tell me that you love me more
Sleepless, long nights
That was what my youth was for”
Please note… these are all numbered “1″ ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are NOT mind readers.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat.
You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down.
We need it up, you need it down.
You don’t hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports. It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides.
Let it be.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport.
And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want.
Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a Problem. See a doctor.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you won’t dress like the Victoria’s Secret girls, don’t expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of them makes you sad or angry, then we meant the “other one ”
1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say “nothing,” we will act like nothing’s wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle, besides we know you will bring it up again later.
1. If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, expect an answer you don’t want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine…really.
1. Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or golf.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!
1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don’t mind that? It’s like camping.
(Via Dark Roasted Blend.)